Select Navien Unit
Navien America, Inc. (Navien). warrants this Navien water heater and its component parts to be free from defects in materials and workmanship, under normal use and service, for the Applicable Warranty Period. At its option, Navien will replace the defective component part(s), in accordance with the terms of this Limited Warranty, if it fails in normal use and service during the Applicable Warranty Period. The replacement component part(s) must be Navien original factory component Part(s) The replacement component part(s) will be warranted only for the unexpired portion of the original component part's Applicable Warranty Period.
Applicable Warranty Periods*
NR & NP (Residential DHW* use only)
|5 Years||15 Years|
NR & NP (Commercial use or residential space heating use)
|3 Years||10 Years|
Proof of purchase is required to obtain warranty service. You can show proof of purchase with dated sales receipt, by completing and mailing the enclosed warranty registration card within 30 days of purchasing the product or by registering online at www.navienamerica.com
The Effective Date of warranty coverage (the beginning of the Applicable Warranty Periods) is the date of purchase of this water heater, if properly registered.
HEAT EXCHANGER WARRANTY
The Applicable Warranty Period for a NR & NP series Heat Exchanger failure installed in a Residential DHW application (including domestic recirculation) is Fifteen (15) years from the Effective Date. The Applicable Warranty Period for a NP series Heat Exchanger failure installed in a Commercial application or Residential "Combi (DHW and Space heating)" application is Ten (10) years from the Effective Date. For any Commercial application or Residential Combi application, a NP series unit is recommended. If a NR series unit is used in any Commercial application or Residential Combi application, the Applicable Warranty for a Heat Exchanger failure will be voided
PARTS WARRANTY (excluding heat exchanger)
The Applicable Warranty Period for a NR & NP series Part(s) failure installed in a Residential DHW application (including domestic recirculation) is Five (5) years from the Effective Date. The Applicable Warranty Period for a NP series Part(s) failure installed in a Commercial application or Residential Combi application is Three (3) years from the Effective Date. IF a NR unit is used in any Commercial application or Residential Combi application, the Applicable Warranty for a Part(s) failure will be voided. Water Heater Should not be used for Space Heating. (0nly NR~A) Series) The NR Series Water Heater should not be used for space heating and other heating. If NR Series Water Heater is used for space heating and other heating, the applicable warranty will be voided.
The Applicable Period for this Labor Allowance for all water heater models is One (1) year from the Effective Date. The payment and amount of any payment are subject to approval at Navien's sole discretion. The Labor Allowance will be paid based on Navien's Schedule of Labor Allowances.
This warranty is offered to the original and subsequent owners of the water heater but is limited to the original address registered with the warranty only. The warranty will be void if the water heater is relocated to any other location.
This warranty does not cover the following conditions:
Damages, malfunctions, or failures resulting from failure to install the water heater in accordance with applicable building codes, ordinances or normal plumbing and electrical trade practices;
- Damages, malfunctions or failures resulting from improper installation or failure to operate and maintain the water heater in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions provided;
- Performance problems caused by improper sizing of the water heater or the gas supply line, the venting connection, combustion air openings, electric service voltage, wiring or fusing;
- Damages, malfunctions or the all failures caused by conversion from natural gas to LP gas or LP gas to natural gas or attempt to operate with a type of gas not specified for the water heater;
- Damages, malfunctions or failures caused by operating the water heater with any parts removed or with parts that have been modified, altered or unapproved for installation;
- Damages, malfunctions or failures caused by abuse, negligence, alteration, accident, fire, flood, freezing, lightning and other acts of God;
- Heat Exchanger failures caused by operating the water heater in a corrosive or contaminated atmosphere;
- Damages, malfunctions or failures caused by poor water quality, lime or mineral build-up or sediment build-up;
- Damages, malfunctions or failures caused by operating the unit at water temperatures outside the factory calibrated temperature limits and/or exceeding the maximum setting of the high limit control;
- Heat Exchanger failures caused by operating the water heater when it is not supplied with potable water at all times;
- Damages, malfunctions or failures caused by subjecting the heat exchanger to pressures or firing rates greater or lesser than those shown on the rating plate;
- Units installed outside of the fifty states (and the District of Columbia) of the
- United States of America and outside of Canada;
- Rating plate has been removed by an unauthorized person. A water heater should not be operated if the rating plate has been removed;
- Damage due to freezing.
This Limited Warranty is subject further to the terms and conditions set forth herein and as may be further specified in the Terms and Conditions page located on Navien's website at WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, NAVIEN DISCLAIMS ANY OBLIGATION OR LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS OR THEIR SALE AND USE, AND NAVIEN NEITHER ASSUMES NOR AUTHORIZES THE ASSUMPTION OF, ANY OBLIGATION OR LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE PRODUCTS. THIS DISCLAIMER INCLUDES ANY OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY RESPECTING THE PRODUCTS OR ANY PARTS OR COMPONENTS THEREOF, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Navien's total liability for any claim arising hereunder shall not exceed the purchase price which you paid for the Product. NAVIEN SHALL NOT IN ANY EVENT BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR LIQUIDATED DAMAGES OR PENALTIES, INCLUDING CLAIMS FOR LOST REVENUE, PROFITS OR BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, EVEN IF NAVIEN HAD OR SHOULD HAVE HAD ANY KNOWLEDGE, ACTUAL OR CONSTRUCTIVE, OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Warranty Service & Return Policy