Select Navien Unit
Warranty Service & Return Policy
This 10 year limited warranty on heat exchangers, 5 year limited warranty on parts, and 1 year limited warranty on labor (“Warranty”) covers defects in materials or workmanship when the Navien NCB-H Boiler (“Product”) is installed by a properly licensed plumber or contractor and operated in strict compliance with the Installation & Operations manual procedures, subject to the terms within this Warranty document. Improper installation or use will void this Warranty. This Warranty runs from date of installation and extends to the original purchaser and subsequent owners, but only while the Product remains at the site of the original installation. This Warranty includes a limited warranty as set forth below.
What is Covered?
Subject to the foregoing terms, Navien will repair or replace the covered product or any part or component that is defective in materials or workmanship for a period of five (5) years in regard to parts and up to ten (10) years in regard to the heat-exchanger for a Single-Family Residential Application. Navien will pay labor charges for the repair subject to Navien’s prior written approval and in accordance with Navien’s schedule of approved labor allowances for a period of one (1) year from the date of installation. All repair parts must be genuine Navien parts. All repairs and replacements must be performed by an individual or servicing company that is properly licensed to do the type of repair.
There is no warranty for anything other than a Single-Family Residential Application.
During the applicable warranty period, replacement of the Product or components may be authorized by Navien only. Navien does not authorize any person or company to assume for it any obligation or liability in connection with the replacement of the Product or its components. If it is determined that repair or replacement of a part, under warranty, is not possible, the Product will be replaced with a new Product having at least the same BTU capacity as the product at issue. The replacement component or product will be warranted only for the unexpired portion of the applicable warranty period for the original component or Product.
How do I get service?
You must contact the original installer of your Product. Your installer will need to contact Navien to report the issue. If the original installer cannot be identified or you no longer choose to use that service provider, you may choose any service provider who is properly licensed to complete the necessary repair.
The installer and/or service provider must comply with Navien’s warranty service and return policy procedures as available on Navien’s website including contacting Navien’s Technical Support Department at (800) 519-8794, option 2, prior to commencing any service.
Proof of the date of installation must be provided to Navien. At Navien’s request, the defective Product or part must be returned to Navien. When the Product is installed in new construction, the date of installation shall be established as the date upon which the end-user takes title to the real property. If proof of the installation date is unavailable, then six months after the date of manufacture will be used.
Applicable Warranty Periods
* The warranty periods apply only to single family, residential installations.
Warranty Claim Procedures
To obtain warranty repair service, the end user or homeower must contact the original installer of your Navien product. If the original installer cannot be identified, the end user or homeowner may contact Navien's Technical Administration Department at 1-800-519-8794. Proof of purchase is required to obtain warranty service.
At its option, Navien will replace the defective component (part(s) or heat exchanger), in accordance with the terms of this Limited Warranty, if it fails in normal use and service during the applicable warranty period identified above. The replacement component must be Navien original factory component. Navien, at its sole discretion, may replace the product with a new or refurbished product of comparable quality and design. The replacement component or product will be warranted only for the unexpired portion of the original component’s applicable warranty period. Payment for labor in completing the warranty service is subject to Navien’s prior written approval and shall be subject to Navien’s schedule of approved labor allowances.
Navien’s Limited Warranty shall be void in the event of an occurrence of any of the following: **
- Improper installation, failure to install in strict compliance with the Installation & Operation Manual procedures, installed by a non-licensed installer, and installation in violation of applicable rules, laws or building codes.
- Product purchased through the internet, other e-commerce channels, or any installer that obtained the product from a supplier or distributor not authorized by Navien.
- Failure to perform regular maintenance, misuse, operation at settings other than those recommended or specified, non-compliance with instructions or guidelines set forth in the User’s Information Manual.
- Modification or alteration of the product in any manner, including but not limited to, removal of any component or part, addition of any nonapproved components, relocating or moving the product from its original installation site, or any accidental or intentional damage to the Product.
- Installation in commercial or multi-dwelling applications or for non-recommended uses.
- Any damage caused by local adverse conditions including but not limited to hard water deposits, lime or mineral build-up, operating in corrosive atmospheric elements.
- Damage or problems caused by gas flow issues, electrical surges, flooding, fire, abnormal external temperature, and any other cause of damage not directly caused by a manufacturing defect.
- Installer’s failure to fully comply with the warranty service and return policy procedures previously provided to installer and as is available on Navien’s website. Such policies include but are not limited to the installer’s failure to first contact Navien Technical Support while in front of the product for purposes of trouble shooting the identified problem or issue.
- Performance problems caused by improper sizing of the boiler, the gas supply line, the venting connection, combustion air openings, electric service voltage, wiring, fusing or any other components, parts or specifications.
- Improper conversion from natural gas to LP gas or LP gas to natural gas or attempt to operate with a type of gas not specified for the boiler.
- Any damage, malfunction or failure caused by abuse, negligence, alteration, accident, fire, flood, freezing, wind, lightning and other acts of God.
- Operating, using or storing the boiler in a corrosive or contaminated atmosphere or environment.
- Operating the boiler at water temperatures outside the factory calibrated temperature limits and/or exceeding the maximum setting of the high limit control.
- Operating the boiler when it is not supplied with potable water at all times.
- Subjecting the heat exchanger to pressures or firing rates greater or lesser than those shown on the rating plate.
- Installation at any location outside the United States and Canada.
- Removal or alteration of the rating plate.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, THERE ARE NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OR MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION OF THE WARRANTY HEREIN AND FURTHER NAVIEN SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHER SIMILAR DAMAGES THAT MAY ARISE, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, DAMAGE TO A PERSON OR PROPERTY, LOSS OF USE, INCONVENIENCE, OR LIABILITY ARISING FROM IMPROPER INSTALLATION, SERVICE OR USE OF THE PRODUCT. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS ARISING UNDER STATE LAW ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE PERIOD OF COVERAGE PROVIDED BY THIS WARRANTY, UNLESS THE PERIOD PROVIDED BY STATE LAW IS LESS.
No one is authorized to make any other warranties on behalf of Navien. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.